No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning,

I use Avatar 18650 batteries as well as Sony VTC4's. I have just come across Mooch's review of these batteries where his conclusion is:

"I am advising against anyone buying the Avatar cell. It is overrated, is ICR chemistry, and may have been marketed as a 20A cell before Wismec swapped wraps."

I use these in a mech mod as well as regulated mods. Do I need to be worried?

Good morning Luna.

The Avatar 18650 is a great cell, now don't get me wrong Mooch is a knowledgeable individual when it comes to batteries but I believe he tested early cells that had the wrong info printed on the battery wrap. The Avatar 18650 blue, is a true 20 amp CDR cell, it's been thoroughly tested in house and passed all tests thrown at it.

As long as you understand ohm law and I'm assuming you do understand it as you're using a mech they're perfectly safe and you have absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

On your mech, as long as you don't build your coils below 0.21ohms you won't exceed the 20 amp CDR rating on the Avatar cells.

I use Avatar blue cells on the original Noisy cricket mod, which is a hybrid, unregulated series mech mod with zero protections built into it.

You're fine.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by stu View Post
      Good morning Luna.

The Avatar 18650 is a great cell, now don't get me wrong Mooch is a knowledgeable individual when it comes to batteries but I believe he tested early cells that had the wrong info printed on the battery wrap. The Avatar 18650 blue, is a true 20 amp CDR cell, it's been thoroughly tested in house and passed all tests thrown at it.

As long as you understand ohm law and I'm assuming you do understand it as you're using a mech they're perfectly safe and you have absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

On your mech, as long as you don't build your coils below 0.21ohms you won't exceed the 20 amp CDR rating on the Avatar cells.

I use Avatar blue cells on the original Noisy cricket mod, which is a hybrid, unregulated series mech mod with zero protections built into it.

You're fine.

Stu
      Fantastic Stu, I don't build below 0.5ohm so I can vape happy

Thanks for your quick response.

Comment

I do agree with Stu, they are a great cell, i have three green in the new Wismec ExoSkeleton and they are fine, each and everyone to their own, i have seen an advert for something to buy on this site that is nothing to do wIth TW,if you are buying anything like this Luna always stick with the people that know,,, sorry went of track a little

Comment

Originally posted by The_King View Post
          I do agree with Stu, they are a great cell, i have three green in the new Wismec ExoSkeleton and they are fine, each and everyone to their own, i have seen an advert for something to buy on this site that is nothing to do wIth TW,if you are buying anything like this Luna always stick with the people that know,,, sorry went of track a little
          Cheers King. It's good to here that I can use them and not worry I always try and stick to vendors I trust, and take other peoples recommendations

Comment

Working...
          X