Smok Alien 220 and Gpriv

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smok Alien 220 and Gpriv

Anyone used either. Read reviews this morning of alot failing after 2 months

Alien - Heard lots of scare stories, failures, cack paintwork, etc. If you like the form factor, just get the Wismec Predator 228...

G-Priv - Had once since they were released here, absolutely perfect, spot on, no fails, no niggles, no scratches, no nothing. The guys up th eB&M all have at least one and say they've heard almost nothing about failures, either... Pretty solid device, IMO.

Comment

So I take it the eleaf ikonn 220 is also very similar to the alien

Comment

Similar, yes, but probably with the far more sensible ELLO tank included. Screen could have seen more effort in its design, though. Matchy matchy on the colours, too....

Comment

I have bought this ikonn 220 and its perfect, the tank is spot-on, just one thing, i have got air bubbles coming up from the the bottom of my tank and its got me scratching my head because its only just started, apart from that its ok.

Comment

Originally posted by The_King View Post
            i have got air bubbles coming up from the the bottom of my tank and its got me scratching my head because its only just started, apart from that its ok.
            Likely you've only just noticed it.
            As you vape, the coil vapourises off the eliquid, leaving tiny pockets of air in the wick. As the heat continues, the air pockets expand. As new liquid wicks in, it displaces the air pockets, which rise to teh surface as bubbles.
            This means your atomiser is working properly.

Comment

Cheers for that TK thought it was me as it had only just started, i should of known, been vaping long enough

Comment

I have both, the Alien paintwork is terrible and started to flake within a few days. 2 months later the screen failed so I cant set the temp now although it does fire.
                The wisemec was its replacement which I enjoyed especially with ArcticFox firmware but it too has just failed as it wont read resistance correctly and permanently thinks the atomiser has failed which is a very very common problem due to poor soldering for the negative which means I cant get it to fire with any tank or coil.
                I have just replaced it with a Smoant Battlestar which so far has been excellent and has very very good reviews even though its an older mod.

One thing to note, I do love the tank that came with the Alien and I bought the bigger version which is epic if you like vape clouds.
                Last edited by l33tish; 07-18-2017, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by l33tish View Post
                  One thing to note, I do love the tank that came with the Alien and I bought the bigger version which is epic if you like vape clouds.
                  The Baby, Big Baby and Cloud Beast can manage some serious clouds... but the flavour isn't worth spit and I get better clouds off an RDTA.
                  I also find the Beast tanks more prone to leakage when left overnight and the coils burn out very quickly.

Comment

I liked the look of the Alien but after hearing about the paintwork I went for the 220. Not a scratch on it and I am heavy handed. I wear rings which usually scratch the paint but nothing on this, I love it.

Comment

Working...
                    X