Vaping low ohms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaping low ohms

I recently purchased a SUBAIR III MINI with 0.5 ohms. I am vaping 70 VG/30 PG at 30 W, but still not getting the massive clouds. What is the usual wattage for this combination? Also using this with my ARC4.

Have you tried 35W? If the liquid is really thick it could be taking longer to soak through the atomizer.

Comment

Turn it up a bit and see. Don't go more than a few watts at a time, though and if you start to taste any burning, turn it back down immediately!!!
      I assume you're taking big direct lung drags?

Comment

Got it vaping awesome clouds and taste, finally. But I am having leaks around the air holes. Really love the vape, just not the leaking. ):

Comment

Are you taking massive hard drags, or smallish gentle ones?
          Dragging fast, or long slow pulls?
          How hot is the tank getting, ie cozy, warm, very warm, hot, really hot, burning fingers, or even hotter?

Comment

• Tigara
            Tigara commented
            Editing a comment
            I am taking long slow pulls. Liquid will seep around the air holes & get on my hands. I took everything apart on the TW subair III mini, cleaned and re assembled. Still leaks. ): Tank gets very warm & I see I loose charge pretty fast, compared to my others.
            Last edited by Tigara; 07-22-2017, 06:12 PM.

Ttaskmaster what tank do you think is best for sub vaping with taste and cloud

Comment

Originally posted by agentblunder View Post
            Ttaskmaster what tank do you think is best for sub vaping with taste and cloud
            Aspire Cleito, personally. More taste than cloud, and nothing with as good a flavour. My Crown 2 comes a close second.

Smok Cloud Beast is good for taste and hoofing on cloud with the 0.15 quad coil but you need at least 85w to achieve that and they burn out quick if you're not careful.
            The Corsair Pro (aka Cubis Pro) does a lovely job with most of its coils. I'm using a 0.5ohm BF with 60VG and another with 80VG, both chugging happily at 17w for great flavour and notable clouds.

Beyond that, I'd personally turn to my RDAs and RDTAs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigara View Post
              I am taking long slow pulls. Liquid will seep around the air holes & get on my hands. I took everything apart on the TW subair III mini, cleaned and re assembled. Still leaks. ):
              How old is the coil?
              Have you left the mod laid down on its side or in a pocket much?

Comment

• Tigara
                Tigara commented
                Editing a comment
                Coil is only 2 weeks old. Yes, I lay it down to charge & that is when I see the worse leaking.

Originally posted by Tigara View Post
              Coil is only 2 weeks old. Yes, I lay it down to charge & that is when I see the worse leaking.
              Well, coils vary, being mass produced. 2 weeks is about what I get out of mine, although I chain-vape and quite heavily.

However, I think the bigger problem is laying the tank on its side - When you do this, for more than, say, 20 minutes, gravity effectively builds the liquid head of pressure in the liquid, which then puts greater pressure on the lowest wicking points, which is where it then leaks from. These things aren't airtight, simply due to the nature of how they work... but the Arc series is a bit old, now, while modern devices that still use USB charging tend to have them on the sides rather than underneath, for this very reason of not laying them down for several hours.

Best to take the tank off when charging.
              You can get tank stands, make your own (a 24mm wood spade drill bit and a block of pine or something, job done), or just use a blob of Blu-Tacâ„¢ to hold it upright. Same for carrying it in a pocket, bag or car - Keep it as upright as possible.
              Since this one has already leaked, you might want to start with a fresh coil, though.

Comment

• Tigara
                Tigara commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks!!! I will do that, and hopefully it will work.
            Working...
            X