Variable Voltage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variable Voltage

So I've always been an all in one kind of vaper, however today I received my first variable voltage device. However I'm struggling to get my head round the voltages, wattage and ohms things, had have no idea what volts or watts i should have my device set at . Any advice is greatly appreciated

Originally posted by Ami_xo View Post
    So I've always been an all in one kind of vaper, however today I received my first variable voltage device. However I'm struggling to get my head round the voltages, wattage and ohms things, had have no idea what volts or watts i should have my device set at . Any advice is greatly appreciated
    Do you know the model of your electronic cigarette? Also, do you know the resistance (ohm) of the atomizer head fitted in the tank that holds the e-liquid? To simplify things, voltage is a measurement of a battery's force, the higher the voltage the more power (wattage) will be generated at the atomizer head, more power (wattage) produces increased vapour production and vapour will be generated faster (known as ramp up time). Voltage and atomizer resistance (ohm) are tied closely, the lower an atomizer heads resistance and the higher the voltage the more power will be generated.

Last edited by stu; 06-02-2017, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Ami_xo
      Ami_xo commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah its the Arc 4 1.5 ohm if that helps xx

In very basic terms, as far as using your device goes...

Wattage is how much power you're getting out of your coil. The more watts, the hotter the vape and the more clouds you get.
    Voltage is pretty much the same thing, for all intents and purposes, but is essentially power in rather than power out.
    Ohms is resistance. The less resistance, the more power you can get out of it for the same voltage.

Most coils will have a wattage range printed on them, within which the manufacturer suggests you set your device's wattage for the best vape. I personally tend to find the lower end of these is enough, even on SubOhm tanks.

If you want to learn more about how it works, start by reading up on Ohm's Law a bit.

Comment

Hi Amy,

I was a quiet member of the previous forum, and thought I might as well get involved with it being new and all I saw your post and thought I could help.

I use an arc 4, and with that coil I tend to vape at around 11 watts/2.83V on the screen. This doesn't give me a burnt taste, but I haven't tried any higher as it gives me what I need at that level.

Hope this helps.

Gromit.

Comment

Thanks I've just had a look at what I'm vaping at and its currently saying 11.0W and 4.00V which seems to be doing to trick so far with iced strawberry in it. My main concern is burning the coil out too soon xx

Comment

Thanks I've just had a look at what I'm vaping at and its currently saying 11.0W and 4.00V which seems to be doing to trick so far with iced strawberry in it. My main concern is burning the coil out too soon xx
          Good morning Ami_xo, 11 watts is a very wattage to operate the CS 1.5ohm atomizer head.

Comment

Should last you an easy 2 weeks at that setting, mate!

Comment

Hi Ami_xo.
              I don't know if this helps as I'm not really into the tech stuff, just like vaping.
              I use a Forza 75 with a Tornado11 tank with a 0.20 ohm NI coil. The settings I have found to be good for me are 230 degrees C, 19.0 watts, with the air intake fully open.
              This gives me a very satisfying blast.

Comment

Working...
              X