Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on resistance, watts, atomiser heads, etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on resistance, watts, atomiser heads, etc.

Hello
    I'm not really a new vapour, I've been using an e-cig for a few years. The thing is I found kit I like years ago so I've never changed. You'll probably laugh when I tell you that I'm using an ego-c with 2.3 ohm atomiser heads. With high nicotine e-liquid that suited me fine. None of my friends vape so I've never had much chance to experiment.

Now that I'm no longer able to buy high nicotine liquid I'm finding this doesn't work so well for me, so I've been looking for a new device.I like something small and subtle so I thought the Pocket Rocket might suit me.
    All good so far - my question is about the atomiser heads. These come in various resistances - 0.5, 0.6, 1.0 and 1.5 ohms - and I don't really know how this will affect my vaping.
    I'm not really bothered by how much cloud I create, as long as I can see the device is working with a little vape I'm happy. I do like to get a throat hit - basically I like it to feel as if I'm smoking. I sometimes use fruit flavours, but I'm happiest with tobacco flavour.

So, after all that rambling my question is: what resistance should I go for? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Modern devices can be quite small, but still kick out huge clouds, if you have the right combination of battery, tank and atomiser. Even 'SubOhm' coils can be pretty gentle or insanely powerful.
    I'd probably suggest starting with the 1.0ohm and working your way down.SubOhm coils still tend to be more for the direct-lung vapers, while 1ohm and upwards still suit the mouth-to-lung (or fag-drag, as I call it).
    If the 1ohm isn't offering enough hit, then go lower but be prepared to change the way you drag on the vape.

Is there a vape shop nearby you, where you can perhaps try a couple of these out?

Comment

Morning Easily,

Nothing wrong the eGo-C's! If it's not broke and all that...

If you're not getting the same satisfaction from the lower nicotine with these atomizers, I would be inclined to agree with Ttask and try the 1.0ohm. These will heat up much more than the 2.3ohm you are currently using and as a result will produce more vapour and a better hit. I would get used to the 1.0ohm first and when you feel ready, if you feel you want to, you can then move to Sub-Ohm coils.

I'm an MTL vaper and did use sub-ohm but to be honest, I'm quite happy going between 1.0ohm and 1.5ohm atomizers using a 0.6% or 1.0% liquid.

Am I right in thinking you're in Australia? Totally Wicked do have a couple of resellers in Australia but they are unfortunately in Western Aus.

Comment

Thanks for replying.
        There is a market stall near me - maybe I should give them a go.
        I think I'll try the Rocket anyway as it's not too expensive. You say that lower ohm atomisers are stronger? So they produce more cloud and use more juice?

Comment

Originally posted by easily View Post
          Thanks for replying.
          There is a market stall near me - maybe I should give them a go.
          I think I'll try the Rocket anyway as it's not too expensive. You say that lower ohm atomisers are stronger? So they produce more cloud and use more juice?
          Yes, that's correct. On e-cigarette kits such as the Rocket, the resistance (ohm) of the atomizer head determines the power (wattage) the Rocket will deliver, the lower the atomizer heads resistance, the more power it'll produce.

The following atomizer head resistances are available for the Rocket kit.

0.5ohm = 27 watts.
          0.6ohm = 23 watts.
          1.0ohm = 14 watts.
          1.5ohm = 9 watts.
          Last edited by stu; 09-19-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your advice everyone, I ordered a Rocket today. It comes with 1.5ohm atomiser, so I guess I'll be starting there then seeing how it goes.

Comment

I bought a Pocket Rocket, and I'm getting along well with it for now. It seems to produce very dry vapour compared to what I'm used to, but it's easy to use, discrete, and it's keeping me off the cigarettes so I'm happy.
              I'm using the 1.5 atomiser it came with in combination with 18 mg/ml e-liquid which, but when I next order I think I'll try a 1.0ohm atomiser with lower nicotine liquid.

Thank you everyone for all your helpful comments.

Comment

Working...
              X