No announcement yet.

coil help please

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil help please

I have a arc 4 and am using 0.6 ohm coils in a corsair mini pro tank and using the device set to 20w

I am getting on avarage 50 mins to 1 hour and 1054 puffs from each coil

My coils seam to be lasting a week is this correct ??

Any help or feedback would be gratefully received

Hi Floyd,

Sub-ohm atomizers don't generally last as long as an atomizer over 1.0ohm. Simply because they burn so hot. On average, I would say you can expect a week to 2 weeks out of a coil. This is dependent on usage of course

hey floyd
      it could also depend on the flavour you vape, sweeter flavours tend to gunk your coils up quicker

Ok thanks for both the answers thought I maybe doing something wrong but it seams not so that's all good.

However I am now wondering what is the difference between sub ohm and a 1 ohm coil

I am new to all this and may be asking obvious questions !!

The sub-ohm coils are lower in resistance and so burn a lot hotter. The lower the resistance the hotter they burn. One thing I forgot to ask is how you prime them? Because they are sub-ohm they do generally need a little more priming than most.

I am priming them by puting 3 drops of e liquid on them then filling the tank. I then leave the device for 5 mins and take a few draws on the device without pressing the fire button. Thèy I start to use the device as normal.

Hi Floyd,

I'd drip a little bit more into the cotton, normally I add around 10 drops before leaving it to stand. When you start vaping with a new coil, try starting with a slightly lower wattage and gently ramp up to 20w

Hi Rebecca

Thanks for the all the help and advice I will do what you say about priming my coil when it next needs replacing and let you know how I get on

Hi Floyd,

How are you getting on?

huya I know I am new here but anything lower than 1o will run hot and if your a fruit or sweet juice vape that can really use your coils faster. I am a dripper myself but I was sent quite a few mods over the past year and some of the stock sub ohm could I have only managed to get a few days out of but I would say it also depends on if you prep your coil correctly swell mate

hope this helps