e-liquid advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-liquid advice please

I've got my vape machine all sorted, an arc pico with a hellfire tank, love it, I'm using red label e-liquid at the moment but I'm going through it at twice the rate I was using the arc 4, should I be using a different liquid? I tried a free bottle of route 66 I got in the TW shop and it seemed thicker than the red label and seemed to last a bit longer so I'm wondering if I should be using something different? I currently use 0.3 strength. Your advice would be greatly appreciated, thanx in advance

SubOhm tanks do burn through juice, I'm afraid. Nature of the beast. It should handle up to 70VG no problems, though.

I've got the original Slider on my Pico, alternating against a Corsair Pro. Not as powerful as the Hellfire Slider, but surprisingly cloudy on a 50VG... might try the 0.7ohm coils for a more MTL vape.

Comment

• Cally
      Cally commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, please excuse my noobiness, what is VG, I've used the HW2 0.3 and am now trying the HW1 0.2, I prefer the HW1 as the tank doesn't get as hot as quick, I have it on 35W and am really happy with the taste and cloud, just thought maybe a 'thicker' liquid would be better and if so which? Sure i'm doing this all wrong so best to get advice

Originally posted by Cally View Post
    Thank you, please excuse my noobiness, what is VG,
    Eliquid typically contains Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerine (VG), nictotine and flavouring.
    PG carries the flavour, VG creates the clouds. The more VG you have, the bigger and thicker the cloud.
    Liquid will usually have either a ratio of VG/PG, such as 50/50, 60/40 or 70/30, or else it will simply state the VG percentage, most commonly 50VG or 70VG but can go as high as 90.

The problem is that high VG liquids are thicker and wick more slowly, so those tanks and atomisers designed for high VG have larger wicking holes. SubOhm tanks typically use 60 to 70VG. 80VG is mostly the domain of Drippers, RDAs, RTAs and the like.

just thought maybe a 'thicker' liquid would be better and if so which? Sure i'm doing this all wrong so best to get advice
    Define "better"...?
    Thicker = more VG = denser clouds. However, not always more flavour or richer flavour...

Comment

Originally posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
      Define "better"...?
      Thicker = more VG = denser clouds. However, not always more flavour or richer flavour...
      Ah, thank you, I think I understand now, I was thinking the different liquids were made for different types of tank/atomiser, not flavour/cloud therefore there would be a 'better' liquid for different tanks not for different types of actual vape. Much appreciated

Comment

I've got my vape machine all sorted, an arc pico with a hellfire tank, love it, I'm using red label e-liquid at the moment but I'm going through it at twice the rate I was using the arc 4, should I be using a different liquid? I tried a free bottle of route 66 I got in the TW shop and it seemed thicker than the red label and seemed to last a bit longer so I'm wondering if I should be using something different? I currently use 0.3 strength. Your advice would be greatly appreciated, thanx in advance
        Hi there, welcome! I also have a Hellfire tank and unfortunately due to the low resistance coils and the high power, it will drink your fluid! Nature of the beast I'm afraid, more clouds, more juice!.
        You could try moving up to a 0.6% nicotine strength, maybe that will encourage you to pace yourself a little more making a full tank last longer. The HW1 atty will also contribute due to the lower resistance of 0.2ohm.

Generally, you only have to worry about the type of e-liquid if you are using a low powered device (e.g. V5) as thicker e-liquids with high VG may struggle to wick.

If you have any questions just let me know

Comment

Guys is it OK to use a high VG with a arc 4 and 1.5ohm?

Comment

Hey all! Iv moved from a Resolve to a Pico with SubAir and am finding I'm using more juice but I don't mind. I'm using Red Label at the minute but thinking of switching to something heavier in VG, if anyone has any flavour recommendations pass them my way

Comment

Originally posted by agentblunder View Post
              Guys is it OK to use a high VG with a arc 4 and 1.5ohm?
              I personally wouldn't go above 50VG in the tank it comes with, the CS Air and especially not on a 1.5ohm coil. I know some have had limited success with 60VG, but it takes ages to wick properly between drags... and you'll KNOW it when you get a dry hit!!!

You could try the 0.75ohm CS coils for that. I imagine those would work alright for 60VG...

Comment

If I was to add an after market tank to the arc 4 what would you recommend

Comment

Originally posted by agentblunder View Post
                  If I was to add an after market tank to the arc 4 what would you recommend
                  I'd suggest trying a Corsair Pro. It comes with loads of different coils. I think the 0.5ohm one handled up to 80VG. Unfortunately my detailed review was on the old forum, but it certainly took whatever I threw at it!

Comment

Working...
                  X